Re: XY4 Footnote Reference Sizing

Robert Holmgren wrote:

... . . Another approach (again, if I recall correctly), is to redefine (in

PRN) the meaning of . In other words, change
MD SU=(*+SUPERSCRIPT)
to something like
MD SU=(*) which would render the FN symbol as normal text.

I believe Robert is correct. But, also, as I recall, if you did that (and
I seem to remember trying it one time) then the in-text cites to the
footnotes would _also_ appear in normal type rather than as
superscripted.

Perhaps one of the list's expert 3+ users can confirm this.

Robert, however, continues:

"But FRMTFTNTS allows you to change the font and
size of the in-text footnote character, as well as its super- or
sub-scripting, and any other characteristic capable of being "Styled"
(it uses Styles to achieve its purpose)"

Which certainly seems the way to go.

lb136@xxxxxxxx
New Address:
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)