XyWrite problem

I have a diacritical problem.
I'm running Xywrite 4.011, upgraded by degrees from II+ since 1985, in an HP 7010 machine with
Windows 95. I am using my original printer, a Toshiba (24-pin) P351.

My general product is books and other writing. My present book, due May 15, requires the familiar
German and French characters with umlaut, various accents, etc. It also requires footnoting.

Ever since I "upgraded" from III+ to the present 4.011, I have been unable to print out
any but a couple of the vowels with umlauts or accents, usually getting a blank space or the bare
"a" or "e," etc.

I also have been unable to get footnote numbers in text to print in superscript. (I.e., when I use
MDUL nothing happens -- the FN number appears in line with the text.)

Perhaps someone out there has solved the problem.

When I first encountered it a few years ago, after repeated help calls tech support sent me a
printer file, TOSHQUME.PRN to substitute for the regular 3TOSH351.PRN. This did operate the printer
but would not deliver diacritics or superscript. I can do this stuff in MS Word 6, but since I
write in XyWrite I hate that wretched program and translating into it takes me forever. The
Technology Group is simply inaccessible.

I am delighted and grateful to u and upenn to have found your site. If anybody there can point me
to a solution of my problems, I would appreciate it enormously.

All best.

				Bruce Felknor
				(70721.2307@xxxxxxxx)RMDUL-