Status line bug

Dan Kanagy wondered why the status line gets fluky after doing
math. I noticed it too; I believe it's a fairly long-standing
bug (not just 4.017).
 Here's a work-around that worked for me: When the status line
acts strangely, clear the command line with F5 and hit F9. This
forces an error and seems to restore the status line. What seems
to have happened with the math is that the internal routine
(i.e., not XPL) issues the equivalent of an
ES 1 command (error-suppress "on"). (Another work-around is to
put ES on the command line and press F9. That turns
error-suppress off.)

Happy New Year.

Tim Baehr
TBaehr@xxxxxxxx