Dvorak Keyboard in Mac OS

Hi All. Realizing that there are only a few of us using XY on a Mac, and fewer if any using the Dvorak keyboard . . .
I've been running vDosPlus, tweaked for Mac OS 10.13
(thanks to Dr Mendelson's port),
with good success. Until I bought a new keyboard to replace my tired old OmniKey Ultra, which was programmed for the keys to be Dvorak. That has worked as long as the Mac system was set to US (qwerty); as such each key press produced the Dvorak result because of the programming in the keyboard itself. Now, I have a US qwerty native keyboard with the system set to Dvorak, which works everywhere as expected, including at the command line in VDosPlus; but when I enter XyWrite, the keyboard reverts to US qwerty
. It's as if editor.exe takes over the function of the keyboard from the system, which, given the presence of .kbd files, I assume is true. I wrote Dr Mendelson asking
what I might do to get Dvorak use in XyWrite
, and he had no idea and suggested I write the list. Thanks all . . .

Fred Weiner