Re: XyWrite Demo on eBay

--- On Thu, 3/12/09, wbass@xxxxxxxxxxxx  wrote:

> From: wbass@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: XyWrite Demo on eBay
> To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Thursday, March 12, 2009, 6:17 PM
> Harry Binswanger wrote:
> > ... looks like it includes The Greatest Manual Ever
> Written--the big
> one in
> > the ring binder for Xy 3+.
>
> You jest, I presume.
>
> Wally Bass

If one is sufficiently patient -- and probably a bit lucky
in the timing, like not being off the grid at the inopportune
moment -- almost everything will eventually turn up on eBay.
I had long been looking for one of the XyWWWeb most recommended
early versions of the OED cd, in good condition and at a decent
price, but wound up just missing such an auction by about 15
minutes. There were only 2 or 3 bidders on it, the final price
was pretty good, and I was just kicking myself. So, I may have
to wait a good while longer on that.

OTOH, there was a rather scarce and seldom seen item I had been
looking for lo these last couple years, with no success, and an
auction for one just fell into my lap. Win some, lose some.

 Jordan