TILDE AS SEPARATOR

Bug City. I wrote the simple soft-hyphen (a.k.a. hard, one-byte tilde) test
routine nclosed with next msg; it worked for awhile, then stopped working
for reasons mysterious, and wouldn't revive (but it _did_ work four or five
times ... hmmm). Interesting that this tilde works with the contain operator
("is 7Eh contained within a $tring?"); moreover, using "{Escape}S" as the XS
separator parses out the tilde properly. But used directly as the XS separator
... it bombs. This with HY=0 or 1, doesn't matter. I know! Let's ask the
Sysop!