Re: Xy'd NB

** Reply to message from Michael Norman
on Sat, 16 Feb 2008 09:31:39 -0500

> The guide, which is hotlinked, contains a section on Xy4 commands
> etc that don't work in NB; haven't looked at it recently, but it
> might be worth a look if you're trying to tweak NB.

Unless Carl or I helped her with that part (which I don't recall
-- I gave up after 20 pages or so, there were just so many
misstatements and errors -- nearly every sentence, no kidding --
that it felt hopeless), this may be a case of the blind leading
the sighted. A well-meaning and conscientious effort, to be
sure; but there is NOBODY at NB, as far as I can tell, who has a
deep knowledge of NB's core innards. And Woozley's original was
utterly unrevealing to anybody who grew up in the XyWrite
context. Nearly everybody here could run rings around that text
-- it's Dick and Jane.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx