Re: mind and XPL

At 12:07 AM 5/13/01 -0700, Morris Krok wrote:
> A month or so ago Rene enquired regarding the possibility of a program
>being written in XPL that can translate.

No, he did not. He inquired regarding the possibility of a program being
written in XPL that can *help* translate, by segmenting, tagging, and
comparing text to a database. This is language-independent, and it has
nothing to do with replacing words.

To see how the concept works, go to www.champollion.net and download
"WordFast". But sorry, you need MS Word for WordFast to work. Because it is
a Word macro. If there was an XPL WordFast.pgm, I would buy it immediately,
at almost any price.

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)