Re: Winprint

Thanks, Kari.  As I think was mentioned in an earlier post, I did get some printing to happen (here), though not quite the way that it should.  I guess we take one small victory at a time, and call that progress.  Next, I need to see how things might improve, using an Epson driver as Winprint expects.  I probably had all these items -- somewhere -- but I stopped by Brian's site to pick up the zipfile of all Xy-4 and all Xy-3 printer drivers.  (A Xy-3 solution would be for use at a satellite office used extensively by my father, and occasionally by me. My father never made the transition to Xy-4 from 3.)  That is as far as I got, but I will do some more tests shortly.  I also picked up those items from Ed Mendelson's site.  Your suggestions are much appreciated, and I will add them to the list of possibles for checking.  That said, it remains to be seen whether any of these solutions will be more convenient than simply firing up Nota Bene for printing -- including wirelessly -- to any of the modern printers we may be using at either location.

vDosXy has been a major discovery, though, thanks to this List.  It is a more tailored and more accessible solution for running Xy than the full-scale VM options like XP Mode.

   Jordan

From: Kari Eveli
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, February 9, 2015 11:09 PM
Subject: Re: Winprint

Jordan and John,

Did you get all this to work to your satisfaction? I have not tested
this, and normally do not print from Xy, so I am just asking out of
curiosity.

There are other utilities that could be of use for this kind of setup,
like this freeware program: http://lerup.com/printfile/
Read more about it at:
http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/usbprint.html#printfilemethod

Then there is this pcl program: