Re: XPL questions (error with multiple contiguous Wild-Ws)

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Wed, 06 Sep 2006
15:41:09 -0400

Harry:

> Following the readme.htm for 119, I executed U2UTILS.EXE, gave it the "A",
> and saw everything go by okay. But then executing U2UTLNT.BAT gave me a lot
> of syntax errors, so I don't think files got to the proper directories. The
> readme.htm file says they should go in the directory with "the command
> processor." For XP, I assume that that means (normally) windows\system32?
> At any rate, CURL.EXE for instance is only in C:\XY\.

Follow the instructions for manual installation in README.HTM. If you unpack
U2UTILS.EXE in XyWrite's directory, then all you have to do is manually MOVE
some files to C:\WINDOWS\system32. Every file in U2UTILS, and its target
location, is listed in README.HTM.

As for LONGW*: run it in eXPanded view (I just added that to the code).
Programs that do subtle adjustments to text should always be run in XP view.
Since the only external frame that LONGW references is REJUMP, and REJUMP
hasn't changed for a long time, I don't see how the version number can make any
difference.

> My test URL is:
> http://www.citgo.com¯/AboutCITGO.jsp

I don't see any lines in that URL that begin with "http://...;
Why not just post a sample file, and the relevant *part* of the XPL that you're
trying to execute (pare it down to the relevant part). Can you post the *real*
XPL, and not some "<http://{W}{W}{W}{W}"-type approximation, please? I want
to see what you're doing.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx