Re: preventing lines from printing with substitution tables

Reply to note from "John Paines"
(Redacted sender "vf200" for DMARC) Sat, 10 Sep 2016 12:09:27 +0000
(UTC)

John:

> So we got half-way there, but its a way-station I can't
> unfortunately use.

You can get a *bit* closer. In a PCL-based printer file, define an
attribute -- let's call it HIDDEN -- as follows (for "{ESC}",
substitute the actual Ascii-27 escape character):

AT:HIDDEN
AT<{ESC}*v1o1T
AT>{ESC}*v0o0T
ET

Then, in the PT table(s), assign the HIDDEN attribute to a mode, for
example, MD FL:

PT=1
MD NM+12courier
MD FL+12courier+HIDDEN

In printing, text wrapped in ... should be hidden. But not
invisible, alas. Your document will have white space where the text
would otherwise have been.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx