IDKEY (Problem: Harry gets incorrect report; Fix: bad line in KBD file)

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger

[Unfinished business...]

Harry:

> IDKEY behaves a little strangely with my kbd file: it interprets the
> shifting keys wrongly, so goes to the wrong table for each. E.g., it
> switches ctrl and alt... 'Tis a puzzlement.

Not really. Take a look at your "DEFINITIONS" table:

--------------
;    DEFINITIONS
KEYS=105
ctrl=29
alt=56
SHIFT=42,54
PLUS=104
CAPS=58,t:C
MOUSE=105

; NOTE: can't use key 84 (print screen) -- needed by system
; blah blah blah

At the end of this table, on the next line after the "MOUSE=105" definition,
you have a naked carriage return. It's not an instruction in the KBD file --
in fact, it's the only non-active line in the _whole file_ that isn't commented
out. So comment it now, i.e. prepend a ";" so that it reads ";", SAve the
file, and re-LDKBD. Problem gone.

---------
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx