Re: Smartset

Peter: What a nice message! Really, I'm floored. I didn't think there was
anyone left out there who cared a fig about XPL. You really use SMARTSET?
Gee-whiz! And here I'm debating whether I should continue to support it
publicly, the user response (ex-R.J.Holmgren) having been, shall we say,
"underwhelming". But for users such as yourself I'll gladly continue to debug,
adapt, customize, rewrite. Just say the word.

Your thoughts on the burgeoning market for a configurable OS/2 word-processor
are right on the mark and can't be repeated often enough. Especially here on
this BBS. Four million users and still counting, with ver. 2.2 on the way. For
the second year in a row, best overall product of the year in the InfoWorld
reader survey, among other honors. You'd think the opinions of users at that
level would mean something to TTG. Maybe they *are* listening, but how would
*we* know? They show not their faces unto us. As you say, a great wasted
opportunity.

Well, again, many thanks for your nice words. You've brought a smile to my
face, truly.... BTW, are you still based in NYC? And are you attending the
Laptop show at the Hilton? If so, look me up tomorrow (Wednesday). I'll be in
the ARTA conference on computers in Russia, speaking in the afternoon but
around all day. I'd be pleased if you stopped by to say hello....