Re: [Junk released by Allow List] Re: All the XYCONS in PNG format

flash wrote:
I dunno either. That's what I understood from a previous mail to this forum. So I converted the ico/bmp files to png. Maybe not necessary. Somebody with Vista, let us know what works.
Vista has files with the .ico extension. But when I tried to assign my old Xy icons to the Xy shortcut, none of them took. I mentioned it here, and Jeff (Peregrine) said that >> The old icons are bitmaps at heart. Vista has abandoned that >>icon format in favor of the much more versatile PNG, as >>detailed here: >>http://www.axialis.com/tutorials/tutorial-vistaicons.html I'm hoping to be able to use my brother's broadband connection to go on line during my visit, at which point I may investigate that link and see what it says. -- Patricia M. Godfrey PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx