Re: Running xywrite and wordperfect 5.1 for dos in windows 7

On 03/02/2011 11:53 PM, Avrom Fischer wrote:
Another problem that I anticipate will be whether I can geat a parallel port card since I am still happily running Laserjet 5 printers which run best from a parallel port. In addition I am not aware of a work around in wordperfect for a USB port.
A desktop parallel port card is not hard to find, but if you get a slimline desktop, you may have to find it online. Laptop express cards are out there there too. Edward Mendelson's WPDOS site has many tips and workarounds, including a somewhat complex one for USB printing. see http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/ and http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/usbprint.html You can find computers at the Dell Outlet site with Win7 32 -- typically the lower end desktop models. You might find one with Linux or DOS and then could buy and install Win7 32; these will also be lower end. Paul Lagasse