Re: Footnotes/End notes formatting

Just to finish off one of the many discussions in this thread, just
talked to the editor (FSG) and Harry was right, sort of.

House wants "citation" endnotes as they call them. To wit:
p. 222 ,And what a night it was...,: Miller, Adventures of The Mayflower Madame, 234.
Publishers apparently reconcile the dissonance in page numbers twixt
manuscript and galleys. Editor says IF we can put manuscript page
numbers in every FN fine, if not we should use FN superscript numbers
as place markers, but compose the footnotes the way they want, and
they'll fix everything during production.

Again, thanks to all.

Michael Norman