re XX-encoding Utility

"Unlike UUXFER and others, [XXBUG] does not require a special
utility to decode the files it produces, but uses DOS's DEBUG
instead."

XXBUG is a terrific idea, but note that debug turns up its nose
when it detects a DOS other than MS (or presumably PC). The
recipient's PC must be able to run debug to decode XXBUG scripts.

My port of XXBUG's debug code to sid, DR DOS's ~debug, generates
corrupted files and my partitioning chokes the last MS DOS I have
a boot floppy for, v3. The prob is not sid, but sid's minimal
documentation. If anyone around here knows both debug and sid,
I'd welcome some help. Chad Wagner, XXBUG's author, wisely gave
only a smail address with XXBUG documentation, so malcontents
like me can't nag him via email to write a sid header.

Note too, however, that XXBUG doesn't use debug to create
scripts.  --A

========================== annie fisher  nyc