Re: questions

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Patricia M. Godfrey wrote:

> andy turnbull wrote:
>  Is it like 3a? I got xy4, and didn't like it.
>
> Why on earth not? You can keep all the III interface (by using the
> II-4 keyboard) and it is so much more powerful...

Hi, Patricia. I avoid bringing this up, since XY4 can do things that XY3
simply cannot (including more powerful programming, printing options,
styling, etc.), but some of us don't use XY4 or only use it exceptionally
for specific tasks (I'm in that category) because it crashes more often,
produces more fragmentation of files, and is in general more flaky. I
know there are a number of users out there who will deny this. So be it.
I've used XY4 on four different machines and experienced the same
failures. Upgrading to the last available version made no difference in
those difficulties.

Carlo

Carlo Caballero
thyrsus@xxxxxxxx