Re: Re Deleting files

Patricia M Godfrey wrote:

> ON 5/5/05, Jordan wrote:
> ≪I'm running DR-DOS 7.03 ...W2K can see and access C:, but eCS 1.1
> cannot. It is as though the partition does not exist.≫
>
> When you right-click on the drive from Windows My
> Computer, and then click on Properties, what file system does Windows
> think it's using?

Hi Patricia,

Can't answer that this minute, as I'm booted into the wrong computer. There
are various possibilities for the anomaly, including my use of Partition
Magic (but an older version) for creating many of these partitions. Or, W2K
may have done something funky with the C:, when its boot loader files went
on, or when they were updated for SP4.

> Given the reports that people have been running XyW on Macs with VPC,
> this might be an option. Question: if XyW works on Macs under VPC, why
> not on native *nix with EMSDOS or Wine?

I'm not qualified to say, but you raise some interesting questions.

Jordan