[Fwd: Directory List]

Hi List:
 Answer to my Directory question - thought you'd
like to know
DG
--- Begin Message --- Dear Dick: To keep the list of files in its window when a file is opened, call up your NB.DFL file from your \nbwin\users\default directory, search for nw= and change the value after the equal sign (probably a 3 or 0) to a 1. Once you save the file and restart NB for Windows, you will be able to maintain a window containing a list of files until you abandon it. Steve ----- Original Message ----- From: Richard Giering To: Steve Semple Sent: Thursday, December 02, 1999 12:07 PM Subject: Directory List > Hi Steve - Please another question: > I've looked in the HELP as well as in the > material I downloaded from "rpenticoff", but found > no info. Can you answer? > I have a need to have a directory list remain in > a window as I refer to it many times over the > course of a day. I have been able to take the > directory list, BUT when I open a subsequent file > it overlays the window in which the directory was > located. How do I take a directory into a window > and have it remain as a permanant (until I do > something to that window) part of the window??? > Thanks > Dick Giering >
--- End Message ---