Re: Using XyWrite file in Word and saving as text document

Patricia wrote:
Did you have an available window? Did you specify, with a fully qualified path name, a target file? e.g., SA/RTF e:xyinfo\2006\06nov.rtf?

Yes and yes.
When I do that, it works. After I corrected the Xy Registry to tell it XyShell is not installed, which I had idiotically neglected to do.

I have XyShell_Installed_Y|N=N
You don't have to specify a target file, but then the resulting file should have a name based on the formats; e.g. xy2rtf.rtf, in editor.exe's directory. Do you have any odd codes in the Xy file that require /NV, to force assumption that source file is Xy?

I don't know what you're asking, really, but the answer is still No.
Also see what the helpfile (help SA/RTF ) says about XyShell. How big was the file?
I've tried a DeFined selection of maybe 40 bytes and a larger file of about
50Kb.
Thanks for the suggestions, but none of these are it. Maybe I can trap the
specific error by number and find out that way. But I forget the way to see
the error number and error message.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx