Re: A general strategy for retaining XyWrite in a non-DOS world

27.5.2014 0:16, Bill Troop wrote:
Apparently there are some things about Hyper-V in Win 8 that, along with the latest hardware, give even better performance than we have been experiencing with VirtualBox and VMware.
Hyper-V has one big flaw: DOS is not supported, and there are no plans to ever support DOS!
I'm not really worried about XyWrite over the next ten years, but after that? Will VMs still be supporting W2K twenty and thirty years from now? Maybe I shouldn't worry. Who knows? Maybe 20 years from now Nota Bene will finally work to XyWriters' universal satisfaction?
Nor should you worry, W2K support will be available for a very long time. As far as NB Win is conserned, it is just a pipe dream. The best XyWrite version will always be a DOS program. Most of us could use some modern programmer's editor, but somehow we are stuck with an old DOS program, mostly out of habit. Luckily there are still a few options to run DOS programs. Best regards, Kari Eveli LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland) lexitec@xxxxxxxx *** Lexitec Online *** Lexitec in English: http://www.lexitec.fi/english.html Home page in Finnish: http://www.lexitec.fi/