Re: printer problems {again}

Sorry, but I forgot one step that I take in starting up (though I don't think it's relevant to the problem):
       After  I hit "Enter (for OK to "This will end your Windows session," I get "C:\>" --without a "pause"--and I type editor (or editor.exe; doesn't matter which), and then I'm in Xywrite. Then, the steps as I wrote before continue on ("--Normally at this point, I call up a file from the disk on A:"....).
        But, again, it's the "C:\pause" that comes up immediately after turning on the computer that seems to be the problem. The second "C:\>" after which I type "editor" has no "pause" and works as usual.
        I hope this extra note hasn't made it more confusing!

Not really. It's all about your AUTOEXEC.BAT or CONFIG.SYS file. I think Win 3.1 may load a different one of each when "exiting windows." The boot up ones are those in your root directory.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx