Re: Possible activity heading towards XyWrite replacement

Doesn't this imply that formatting of the 'pure' text stream is done
by pointers, as was done in MSW format for the longest time? I think
that is a bad approach -- surely one of the reasons for problems with
MSW documents. Moreover, it has transpired that there is not a single
MSW pointed-based document that cannot be translated into an
equivalent, format-embedded .rtf document, a document type which is
known to be more stable. So who cares if the text stream is pure or
not? Anything which needs to examine the text string can do so
whether there are colour-formatting (or other formatting) codes there
or not - - n'est ce pas? Certainly this task would not bother XyWrite
in the least.