Re: XyShell issue

** Reply to message from "Fred Weiner"  on Mon, 17 Apr 2006
13:57:55 -0700

XyShell is deprecated and since about 5 years ago has been largely replaced by
other, Win32-only facilities. I don't maintain XyShell much anymore, except
for the OS/2 version.

1) "SW [substring_of_]running_process_name" is the proper use under
Win32; "SW *" does nothing. E.g.: if you had a spreadsheet called "Chicago
World's Fair.xls" running, "sw fair" would SWitch focus (=foreground
process) from XyWrite to the spreadsheet.

2) Either you don't have FSW.EXE in the DOS Path, and/or the attribute bit is
set for C:\4DOS602 -- XyWrite sometimes has trouble reading or fetching from
directories with the attribute bit set. Kill it with ATTRIB.

3) W2 works fine here. What do you have on the Exit_Process line in
XyWWWeb.REG? ObjectRexx is correctly installed, I assume?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx