RE: A radical idea: a new XyWrite

Ahhh, a conservative voice… 😊

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx on behalf of Kari Eveli
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:22:32 AM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: A radical idea: a new XyWrite

Hi Harry and Phil and others,

Let me assume the position of Advocatus Diaboli in this case.

1. It is way too late to do anything of the sort. The customer base
which still exists is too small (and dying one by one).

2. We already have a product that is ported to the modern Windows
platform, albeit a singular one (Nota Bene).

3. Harry and Carl and many others would like to see a XyWrite 4
derivative, whereas a XyWrite 3-type program would require less work and
be more likely negotiable with any parties holding the rights. This
would make the project less desirable to key proponents but more
feasible on the whole.

4. vDosPlus XyWrite is quite good as is.

5. Editing huge XyWrite files with aplomb can be accomplished using
EditPad with syntax highlighting of Xy codes.

And lastly, as de Gaulle put it: vaste programme, monsieur!

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxx