Windows

Windows! They're wonderful! I've been reading, practicing and
have tried to master the use of windows on Xywrite. Wonderful!
   Now for a question: how can I tell the word length of an article
either at the end or at any point within the text? Can someone give
me a little help? What code do I need to use?
   Also, my Xywrite program has me automatically single-spaced.
What can I do to get double-spaced? I can't do it in the printing,
my printer doesn't seem to cooperate withi anything but the simplest
commands.
   Thanks for any help I can get!!