Re: Can keyboard assignment use Windows key?

Thanks, Harry and David, for this suggestion. I will try it out.

Martin

On 1/7/2011 3:42 PM, Harry Binswanger wrote:
Martin: I second David's recommendation of Autohotkey. (I think you can do what you want directly in XyWrite, but in autohotkey, but we need someone more knowledgeable than I to explain how.) But this is the Autohotkey code that would have Windows+x put out "Hello, world." #x::send Hello, world Pretty simple, eh? Or, for alt-win-x to launch Notepad: !#x::run Notepad.exe Get it, gratis, at: www.autohotkey.com http://www.autohotkey.com/ Great program, simple, robust, clean. --Harry
You can use Windows+ in autohotkey to do anything you'd like. Autohotkey can be active in XyW III+, so I assume in less antiquated versions. So I assume you can get the Windows key as an additional shift key that way. And autohotkey is in any case terrific and works well with XyW. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin J. Osborne" Date: Friday, January 7, 2011 12:03 pm Subject: Can keyboard assignment use Windows key? > Can key combinations involving the Windows key (located between Ctrl > and > Alt on my keyboard) be (re)assigned in a kbd file? I'm thinking of > using Windows+ for some operations. > > It seems that one would need to know the key code for the Windows key; > a > bit of googling hasn't led me to it. I see how va $kc gets a key code > > for active keys, but I can't see how to do so for keys like Shift, > Ctrl, > and Windows. > > Anyone have any info? > > Thanks! > > -- > Martin J. Osborne > http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/osborne > > Theoretical Economics > http://econtheory.org http://econtheory.org/ > > PoET > http://theory.economics.utoronto.ca/poet >
Harry Binswanger hb@xxxxxxxx
-- Martin J. Osborne http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/osborne Theoretical Economics http://econtheory.org PoET http://theory.economics.utoronto.ca/poet