Re: XyWin install for XP Pro?

"Prof. Peter Knupfer" wrote:

> although it's not clear to me how to send output to a network printer

> when the printer files point only to lpt or
> com ports.
>
> I'll consult the xywrite list logs when the search script becomes
> available again.

I think you'll find some coverage on that topic also, when the message
Search function is back on track. I understand that in the Peer networking
of OS/2, there is a thing called LPRMON that can be turned on, to intercept
printer output (as for older app.s that don't know about network printing)
and redirect it to where it needs to go. I would expect there is some
equivalent
service available within the networking you get in W2K or XP, but I don't
know what it's called or where to look for it. If it's some other type of
network,
I have no idea.

Jordan