TTG. . .You Win! I Admit It!

CARTER CAMPBELL DECRIES, inter alia.

  >I cannot get the settings in the
  >Advanced->Preferences->Defaults->Screen-Colors
  >configuration screen to become the permanent settings for the
  >programme (even though the settings.dfl file has the correct
settings
  >in the DF L4= string)

To which Leslie replies:

If you also load a blahblah.dsp file, that file, if it loads
after settings.dfl, will grab your color defaults from
settings.dfl.

Recall that .dsp, and .dfl files are actually ;PR; files. Best
to remove all references to display colors from settings.dfl and
that way you need not worry. But this means that when you wish
to alter color preferences, you will have to move the new
settings generated in the .dfl file to the .dsp file.

As for your problems with the tables and going out of draft view:
 Sorry, can't help. The way I operate at Columbia University
Press, I always put tables in separate files with a label
inserted in the text file indicating where they are to go.
Desktop publishing patches them in correctly with
Quark Express. Also: I never use the column settings but simply
separate all columns by one and only one tab. Desktop renders
them okay.

Memo to K.F.--Can you make the menu system create a new .dsp file
rather than saving color settings to settings.dfl?

--Leslie--
`[1;37;45mRainbow V 1.19.1 for Delphi - Registered