Re: Mac and Xy

Harry Binswanger wrote:
explained how simple it is to take "snapshots" of the virtual Windows from time to time and easily roll back (I couldn't get System Restore to do any restoring).
Had you previously done Set a Restore Point? You have to to later
Restore to it. (Not that I am defending Microsludge--absit.)
The biggest thing in Mac's favor is that it doesn't use a Registry!!!
There's no "installation" of any software--you just put a "package" from
your CD or downloaded onto your desktop, or into your Applications
folder, and run it. All of the files and components are in that one
package (like a zip file). Clean and neat!
Yes. Just what we used to do in DOS, until Redmond decided we are
all idiots who need pretty pictures to do anything.
But if, as I think I've heard, Linux works the same way, why not
go there? And avoid corporate big Brothers who insist they know
what you want to do better than you do.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscamg@xxxxxxxx