re WordPort 6 under Windows 3.1

:	This is often what happens when you allow a program, :	during
installation of that program, to modify your :	autoexec.bat or config.sys.
NEVER LET THEM DO THIS!

Back when installations didn't even bother to ask, I thwarted them by changing
my (entire) autoexec.bat to this:
	@echo off
	!
This of course launches the file named !.bat--my *real* autoexec.bat. If you
accidentally let an installation get away from you, it's easy to undo anything
it adds that you don't want.

For config.sys, the same protection is provided by the CHAIN command, which
transfers the command flow to another configuration file. (I use DR DOS and
would hope other OSes offer CHAIN or an equivalent.) 	--Annie Fisher