Put a Style in memory?

NB 9 crashes if you open a file that has a  in it without a
preceding . I often use SAD to take out and maybe move snippets from
larger files, and when those snippets call a style that is only defined in
the larger document whence they came, NB crashes.
So is there some way, using NBSTART.INT or my NB.U2 to pre-load and make
permanently resident a couple of style definitions? The only other solution
I can think of is CA/100, which I can have U2 substitute automatically when
I enter CA [filename] via the $X routine.