Re: Tweaking Xy4 under WinXp mode in Win 7-64

Henry, it's Xy4, I am setting the default SL, and no, on this
installation, I haven't tried TAME. I tried TAME years ago, but haven't
seemed to need it since. I have Win 7 64 Ultimate and I'm running Xy4
under the default "Windows Virtual PC" service. In years gone
by, under XP, I can recall having had this problem - - not being able to
get the system to create a DOS larger than 25 or 28 lines - - but I
always managed to find a way to work around it - - usually, if I recall,
by creating another PIF or shortcut or whatever. But in this case, it's
very stubborn. To clarify, it doesn't seem like XyWrite is the problem -
- it's that the DOS box I'm creating under XP simply won't get any
bigger. This by the way is on a fairly small laptop, a Dell/Alienware
m11. Many thanks to all for any help.

By the way, I am not having this problem on another Dell laptop, a 17-inch XPS. There XP is working as I would like. Yet I haven't done anything different. Maybe XP is having a problem with the particular resolution ? ?

One other question, what do I do about update alerts in XP?

Kari, I don't understand what you're saying - - as far as I know, I already am using Virtual PC - - how else would I be able to get a DOS window under Win7-64?

Countless thanks to all, and sincerest compliments of the season - - -

Bill