Re: OT, Browsers

Michael Norman wrote:

> Apologies to Robert for sending this off-list by mistake and thanks to the
> list in advance for allowing this query.
>
> We're being advised at work to download Mozilla Firefox and use it instead
> of MSIE6. Anyone here made the switch? Thanks for allowing the OT query.

Michael,

I really like the full Mozilla suite -- any version from about 1.4 through
1.6. (1.7 came out just recently, and I haven't installed it yet.)

This is just hearsay, but my brother tried out the standalone browser & mail
modules -- Firefox and whatever the other one is called. He said they were
buggy as hell. But that was on the Win-32 platform. (I heard quite different
reports from the OS/2 & Linux camps, which all had concurrent releases.)
Also, that was circa about 5 (?) months ago. Things might be different now.
There are Lists and newsgroups devoted to these products. You might want to
take a stroll through those.

Jordan