Re: Reverse-order printing [Was: Printers/XyWrite 3+/OS2 v

On Sun, 12 Jan 1997 01:16:49 EST Holmgren wrote:

>** Reply to note from pienciak@xxxxxxxx (Pienciak) Sat, 11 Jan 97 23:00:53 EST
>
>> ... these inkjets are crazy, they print
>> the pages out backwards, ... the instruction to change
>> the print order is not working, at least for me.
>
>> I noticed an XPL program--BACK.PGM--on the TTG BBS and it
>> works great for a single open file. I wonder could I use
>> that program for chain printing, or is there something
>> available in the alternative?
>
>I forget about Xy3+, but in Xy4 you just issue TY with an /RV (Reverse)
>argument, and your job is printed (quoth the manual) "so that the first
>page is on the bottom of the stack and the last page is on the top." Isn't
>that what you want? But even without, isn't this just a collation problem?
>Most H-P lasers have a way of opening a back door or flipping a plastic
>doohingy that reverses the pages.
>-----------
>Robert Holmgren
>holmgren@xxxxxxxx
>-----------

I searched the III+ manual several times before writing to
the list. There is no mention of reverse and apparently no
/rv argument. I tried ``ty /rv filename,'' and hit Enter. It
says ``file not found /rv'' as if ``/rv'' was the name of
the file I wanted to print.

Re the HP laser reference, but this is a DeskJet and its
reverse command is in software, buried in Windows. I'm OS2.
There's no door or flip switch.

Yes, it is a collation problem, but with hundreds of pages
being printed frequently it is quite a problem.

Anticipating there might not be any other solution, would it
be possible for me to still do all of my work in XY3+, then
use XY4DOS just to print? I assume I could keep the margins,
page lengths, font, printer table, etc. exactly the same
without too much hassle, other than the need to switch for
printing?

Thank you.

pienciak@xxxxxxxx