Re: Problem with SEarch in Notabene

Dear Robert

So far as I can remember I have never called U2 under NB, having heeded
the warning before. However I did also follow the alternative option
and replace CHARUD.TBL with the XY version just in case I called it by
mistake.

I normally use the built-in SE when SEarching the current file but I
have just tried the U2 routine and it works perfectly under those
circumstances. However as soon as I try to search a fileset it fails.
I believe I have made all the changes necessary in order to run U2
successfully under NB, and other routines that I have tried function.
Is there anything obvious that comes to mind which I might have omitted
that could lead to this result?

Thanks

Best wishes

Paul

Robert Holmgren wrote:
** Reply to message from Paul Breeze on Sat, 19 Apr 2008 14:52:56 +0100
Have you had any difficulty with this routine with Notabene? If not then I must assume it is something unique to my setup.
No problem here, under SWS 8.0i. I tried searching within current document, and also in file sets: SE [d:\path\]filename*.ext*|searchterm(s)|. Worked fine. Can't think of any reason why it _wouldn't_ work! Maybe you have a screwed-up U2... Did you ever CAll U2 under NB without using "CA/100" syntax?? If you did, U2 is wrecked and must be refreshed. Tip: Edit U2 with Xy4 only, then there's no risk of unintended alteration to U2 code. See further: http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/XYWEBTXT.HTM then search for "Very Important". R. ----------------------------- Robert Holmgren holmgren@xxxxxxxx -----------------------------