re XyWrite for Windows

"I strongly encourage the creation of something like a XyWrite
for Windows
Lite. Such a product might cater to your well-established base of
technical publishing customers. You could delete the special
character set and perhaps other features that might interfere
with clean, straightforward production of copy." --Bill
Kretzschmar

Hi, Bill. Kenny Frank recently solicited suggestions for the new release.
Yours is innovative and imho deserves consideration. xyWin
"Heavy" with the option to "Lite"n by detaching features that get
in the way would be OK too.
Betcha that char set is yet another curse visited on us by IBM
hubris; probably trying to set a new industry standard.
Sluggishness wasn't the only thing wrong with Signature, a
dubious foundation to build on compared to the v3 kernel. If the
new release doesn't address headaches like the char set, xyWin
screen colors, and draft-view screen fonts that recur here again
and again, attempts by subscribers to provide feedback are
pointless. These probs are fundamental.

(I'm emailing some thoughts [long] on thwarting xyWin font
remapping.)    --A

========================== annie fisher  nyc