Re: WINDOWS 3.0 MYSTERY

Art, make sure you are NOT explicitly loading DICT.SPL in your STARTUP.INT or
anywhere else. I am not running Windows but, for some insane reason, I modified
the LOGIN files (basically an extension to STARTUP.INT) on our Network version
of XyWrite and all of a sudden strange things started happening. For us it was
ALACARTE.MNU wouldn't load. No errors, or anything until I pressed F6 at which
time I'd get a NO HELP FILE LOADED. Even the guy at tech support I talked to
wasn't aware of this one. I did not realize that you don't have to explicitly
load DICT.SPL as the speller will load it automatically the first time it's
called.

 Remember,

 Stop and smell the roses along the way!

 ----John