Re: printer problems

> Some time ago I wrote to this list about my problems printing with
> XYwrite. Now it seems that not all printers are compatible with DOS...
A number of folks on the list have encountered this problem. I believe the
consensus was: look first at the mid-priced HP printers, ink-jets, which,
apparently, have code for both DOS and WN.
I just happily paid $399 for the HP G55. It's a multipurpose machine,
combining copier, printer, and scanner (fax would be an extra $200--not
worth it, although you do get a sheet-feeder too for that extra money).
It ran Xy4DOS under Win98, right out of the box using my old settings: HP 4
Plus, with LJ4.bin.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx