Re: Reg-Read.me et al.

XyWrite memory is OK (VA/NV $M+6 yields 2, at least here), but as the
result of a long-ago hassle (detailed once here; I'll not trot it out
again) with a VGA adaptor, I suspect system memory can influence XyWrite
memory. Could be wrong, of course.

Robert wrote, "NBWin ... is.. the future." Yeah, too bad, because it
sounds like the typical feature creep. (I could have used the Ibid
feature some years ago, but couldn't get it to work then.) But here's
some grim, confirming news: a report from the last Windows Hardware
Engineering Conference says M$ is talking out of both sides of its mouth
about whether 64-bit XP and Longhorn will even run 16-bit apps. One guy
"flat-out said that 16-bit Windows is going away," though a few months
before, BBG himself had said, at a professional developers' conference,
"All old applications will continue to run" in 64-bit Windows.

But then there was the guy at a NYPC meeting who pointed out (in
connection with Open Source) that some perfectly civilized countries
permit reverse engineering. Now if we could just find a Linux programmer
in Outer Impland or Lower Slobbovia... Failing that, we'd better
stockpile old hardware that can run older versions of Win.

Patricia