Help -- Tilde

Here is a stupid problem. Innocently, I installed NotaBene under
"c:\program files".
Now, I wanted to add a shortcut key to the keyboard file for making it
easier to get in and edit it (the same way I always had it in XY3 and XY4).
But: Notabene now sitting under a long directory name, I find that the
keyboard file does not understand the space. And for entering the DOS
abbreviated name (Progra~1), I would need the Tilde. However, there seems
no way to get the tilde, neither in DOS nor in Windows.
This must have been discussed before. I am sure I am missing something
obvious. Help!
Tia

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo
-- "Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong." (Oscar
Wilde)