Re: Orbis and XyDOS 4.1X

Hi Nathan;

Sorry for the long delay. I have been unable to sit up straight
until today, so I haven't had a chance to type a damn thing over
the past week.

>Pending a switch to turn off the use of all those alt-key combinations
>to turn on the menus, an even simpler way is to edit the keyboard so
>that only the @f key accesses the menus. In other words, you can
>alter the other alt keys to do whatever you want. When you want the
>menu, you can press @F, and then use the arrow keys or your trusty
>trackball to go to the pertinent part of the menu. It works fine.

Actually, all of the  keys that point to the menu are off. I use the
XyWrite III+ keyboard, so I those key assignments don't exist.
What I am talking about is when I press the actual  key
itself. When you press the , the menu is displayed, which
is quite annoying, since I make extensive use of that key for
other things, particularly the cursor movement keys. I tend to
ride the  key quite a bit, which tends to bring up the menu
quite a bit. What I want to be able to do is to access the menu
through only ONE key that I assign it and not "one key I assign
it and the
 key.

The only way I have ever found to turn off the  key
accessing the menu is to take the definition completely out of
the keyboard file, which means I loose the use of the key
completely. I actually asked the tech support this question when
I first got XyDOS 4.x and they told me that I couldn't do it.
I suggested that they put a in switch to turn off the  key
menu access at that time, and thought I would repeat it now.

However, if you have found a way to disable the =Menu
combination, I would greatly appreciate you sharing it with me.

Thanks for your help though.

Carter Campbell campbelc@xxxxxxxx carterc@xxxxxxxx
Calgary, Alberta, Canada.