Re: Big Edit false virus report

Reply to note from Bill Troop  Wed, 19 Nov 2014
01:26:23 +0000

Bill,

> I got what I assume is an annoying false virus report on
> bigedit.exe. I thought I got Norton not to do anything with it
> but am not sure it hasn't tampered with the binary somehow.
> Might that adversely affect vclip?

Definitely a false positive, and no, it would not affect vclip.

You can always extract a fresh copy of BigEdit.exe from XYWEB120.ZIP
-- though don't expect it to work in vDosXy just yet. (I've got
almost all of U2, including BigEdit, working in vDos here and will
post U2 v121 when I'm sure that my changes haven't broken anything
in other environments.)

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx