Re: Logon

I believe the way it works is that XyWrite looks for a
file called NAME.LOG, where NAME is the logon name used
with the LOGON command in STARTUP.INT. The .LOG file
must be located in the directory specified by default NL
(location of Network Log files), which is typically set
in SETTINGS.DFL and is usually (or by default) the same
as the main program directory, i.e., the directory that
contains EDITOR.EXE. To verify what the Network Log
directory in fact is, command VA/NV NL.

What the LOGON command does is to RUN the specified .LOG
file as though it were an XPL program (which in fact it
is). Typically, this is a program that does nothing,
i.e., one consisting of a lone func NO or a simple
statement (never !)-- though if you wanted to be
fancy you could do something like
(but why bother?).

--
Carl Distefano