MV or CP vs rubouts/UD

I wrote earlier that I use unconditional rubout functions
(DF/DF/RD, RP, RW, etc.) and UD exclusively in xpl and .kbd files
because I find the restrictions on xyWrite MV and CP confining
and weird. Because rubout functions and UD work for me, the way
MV and CP work is irrelevant to me. But
Kenneth Frank asked what MV and CP restrictions.

Say that momentarily, in the middle of an xpl macro that has
another purpose,
I want a unique directory listing. The subdir holds many files
with different extensions. For clarity--say, so the user can
compare file lengths--I want to display only two entries. One
file has a name that is in a save/get that was saved earlier with
a {va$fp}; the other has a fixed name and a different extension.
Such a display could be devised efficiently using a v3 rubout
function and UD. Could it be done at all with MV or CP?   --Annie

   BC dir {pvF} XC GT RP BC dir EOF.TMP XC GT UD

would produce a display that looks like this:

2XYLIST  EOF    2222   3-13-95  5:02a
EOF    TMP    2221   3-13-95  5:02a

   25 Files    76403 Char.   8192 Free

========================== annie fisher  nyc