Re: Avoid footnotes during spell check

Michael Norman wrote:
At 01:50 PM 2/1/2008, cld@xxxxxxxx wrote:
 a way to tell the > spell checker to skip the text in footnotes.
I believe the spell checker skips InVisible text. Try temporarily changing all instances of change all in your text to begin with. If there are, you have to work around that.)
This also assumes the person who is reading the advice *actually pays
attention* to the parenthesis. I didn't. What a pain in the footnote,
and everywhere else. For those with similar myopia, its should be
something like

ci \FN1\IV1\

or some such unique string to avoid trouble.
Michael Norman
Speaking as someone who's globally CHurned his livelihood more than once, a backup to somewhere safe before you proceed is not a bad idea. Prices on flashdrives have (with sales and rebates) gone below $10 for 1GB models, making a five-day backup cycle cost less than $50.

Paul Lagassé