Re: Xy4 Spell-checker (was "Re[2]: A Win95 question")

** Reply to note from Jane Stein  Sat, 3 May 97 12:55:06 +0000

One way of telling which spell-checker you have *might* be to type a
lone question mark (or the word "help") on the command line and hit
Enter. This brings up the title screen. If you see a Microlytics
copyright notice for "Spellfinder" and "Wordfinder", you probably (?)
have them; then it would be a matter of finding the program files on
the installation disks. If you don't see such a notice, then .....
check the installation disks anyway. (I'm talking foolproof method
here!) Maybe Tim knows whether the copyright notice is dispositive.

A less tortured solution might be to just buy the latest version
of XyWrite (v4.017). The cost of an upgrade is nominal; I presume
that the Microlytics is included (but, obviously, confirm this
with TTG). In any event, you *should* have v4.017. It's
significantly more stable than any earlier release.

Carl Distefano  * * *