From: Kari Eveli
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, September 7, 2018 1:10 AM
Subject: Re: Dire straits for Firefox users

Jordan,

I could not agree more. I use Scrapbook for gathering any information
and links worth saving, FireFTP for uploading my sites, and even editing
my Linux-based PVR's (terrestrial and satellite box) configuration files
on my home network, All-in-One Sidebar for sidebar switching, Context
Search for selecting terms to search using any search engine that is
best suited for the purpose from an easy-to-use context menu, and the
"Portail lexical du CNRTL" to conduct searches in the largest French
online dictionary available, to name a few. All these were disabled by
the Firefox engine change.

I must say that Firefox 60 is quite ok if you do not need any of these
amenities. But it is not a quantum leap, and putting the old platform on
a backburner while keeping it alive with some kind of support would have
been wise. None of the alternatives are any match of the Firefox 52 ESR
product, so I think it is the only real option for those who want to
stick with the old platform.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)