Re: XPL shortcuts etc. [long]

 ≫ I can see at least one blatant situation where your solution
 ≫ bombs..., namely on an open but empty text window: cursor ends
 ≫ up on CMline no matter where it was originally located. 	--Robert

 > Uh, you gotta be kidding, or I gotta be missing something. Like the
 > original location matters if the window's empty? 	--me

≪ Of course it matters. We develop these modules to plug them in to larger
 programs. What works for you on your own machine is irrelevant. We're
 talking about theoretical problems, and about public programming, which
 manipulates unknown systems that can be in any conceivable state when the
 unknown user executes your program. We need reliable 100% routines. I
 (for one) have windows with no content open at all times. ≫ --Robert

Robert, you seem to have misread procedure {is101}. It performs the same
service as va$tx: determines text/CMline cursor location (and does so
without tampering with text). How or whether the information is used
is not its business. Proc {is101} is 100 per cent reliable.

Like va$tx, proc {is101} can be called anytime, but its primary
value is in recording the information before a program starts. Just
as a v4 program may record va$tx at the start for later consultation,
!CL2@/&F stashes the {is11} s/g that {is101} produces in {is111} with
other initial-state data for any v3 program to examine subsequently,
by invoking {is105}, which parses {is111}.

Proc {is101} stores location in {is11} as GT or GH, so a program
that wants the information does a string comparison--
	{sv01,{GT }}{if{is01}e{is11}<0} ...
--instead of getting a numerical value. Proc {is101} of course
could store the information numerically, but I prefer to be able simply
to {pv11}. When appropriate. xyW has tools that let a user determine
if a window might be empty and thus avoid an inappropriate {pv11}.